Discover the best flying experience days, gift vouchers & pilot licence training in the UK.
Check out the best selling flying experience vouchers from the last month!
Extended Aeroplane Flying Experience
• Experience Flight in a 2 Seat Light Aeroplane
• 60 mins training with a friendly and experienced instructor
• Eleven UK flying schools to choose from
Ultra-Flexible Plane Flying Experience Voucher
• Super flexible with 31 locations to choose from
• Get a taste for flight with 30 minutes in the sky
• Take control of the cockpit with a CAA certified pilot
Bring-A-Friend 4-Seat Helicopter Flying Lesson
• 30 Minute flying lesson in a Robinson R44 Helicopter
• Bring up to 2 friends to join you as observers with this 4-seat offer
• Expert training in one of the most thrilling aircraft
Aeroplane Aerobatics Thrill Flights
• Full length aerobatic flying experience
• Both classic and modern aircraft available
• Enjoy the ride from the captain’s seat and have a go at the controls!
Grab a bargain gift with these awesome cut-price flying offers!
Taste of Glider Flying
• A taste of the exciting sensation of silent glider flight
• Towed or winch-launched gliders
• Soar on the wind with no noisy engines
Trial Helicopter Flying Lesson
• Half an hour’s flight training onboard the Robinson R22
• Learn your way around the cockpit of a chopper with an experienced instructor
• Take off from Goodwood near Chichester, and soar over the Sussex landscape
Amazing Triple Flight Experience
• Learn to fly with a triple flying lesson – one 30 minute flight as observer, one as navigator and a further flight in the pilot’s seat
• See stunning aerial scenery at your choice of one of three UK locations
• A signed certificate to count towards any future PPL qualification
Double Plane Flying Experience
• 30 minutes flying as an observer (bring a camera!)
• 30 minutes at the controls with hands-on flying experience
• Get a certificate to prove your awesome flying credentials!
Learn more about aircraft and aviation with informative articles from Ground School!
How Do Pilots Navigate?
One of the many excellent and fun reasons to learn to fly is to visit new places by air. Taking your friends and family on an aerial adventure to a faraway location (or maybe just seeing their homes from above) is incredibly rewarding. But how do pilots navigate about the skies, and find their way […]
How To Solo A Spitfire
The dream of flying in a Spitfire is shared by many pilots and aviation enthusiasts. To many, the Spitfire needs no introduction; the single-seat WW2 fighter is often synonymous with the glamour and bravery of RAF pilots during the Battle of Britain, and is one of the most recognisable historic aircraft today. However, until recently […]
How Much Does a Private Pilot’s Licence Cost?
Welcome to the first ever edition of ‘Ask a Pilot’ at FlyingLessons.co.uk, where we ask all your burning questions to a professional pilot. We’re thrilled to have flying instructor Jon Budworth on board today to share his insider knowledge on the costs of training for a PPL. Over to you, Jon. As a flying instructor, […]
Build and Fly Your Own DIY Aircraft…
Many student pilots plan to own an aircraft after gaining their license, and have spent some time considering the various types on offer. However, it may not be obvious that many of those types are available to be built at home, by pilots. In fact, some pilots may have built the very aeroplane they learnt […]
How does FlyingLessons.co.uk work?Browse and compare flying lessons from all the UK's top providers.
- Choose an aircraft, price range and location to get started. Or browse all of our 600+ featured flying lessons - this includes vouchers from the top gift experience providers as well as our own growing range of lessons - all taught by highly experience aviators at trusted flying schools.
- Compare lessons by price, duration, location and a range of other factors. Find the perfect flying voucher, whatever your requirements. If you need help picking, our Ground School section is full of handy information about all things aviation!
- Pick the lesson or gift experience you'd like to buy. You'll be directed to the provider's website to complete the purchase - or if you choose one of our own range of flying lessons you'll be directed to checkout where you can pay securely using PayPal (no account required).
- You'll receive your voucher either by post or email. Gift options are available with many providers. Once you receive your purchased voucher, follow the instructions provided to book a date for your flying lesson.
- Climb aboard and take to the skies! We might be biased, but we reckon learning to fly is one of the most exciting and satisfying things a person can do with their spare time... so what are you waiting for?
We've scoured the length and breadth of the UK to find the very best flying experiences money can buy - and they're all here for you to choose from at FlyingLessons.co.uk.
As well as the range of lessons we sell directly, we also let you compare all of the flying vouchers available from the top 'experience day' providers and flight schools. That way, you can be sure of finding the best value, as well as the best experience possible - whether you're looking for a gift, or planning to take your own first giant leap into the skies.
With hundreds of flying experience vouchers at airfields across the UK and an amazing range of aircraft to choose from, it's now easier than ever to get into the skies in a way that suits you. So if you're planning your journey towards gaining a Private Pilots License, or simply looking for an unforgettable gift, you've come to the right place.
New Offers and Top PicksCheck out the latest vouchers and our editors' recommendations
Flying is our business... but it's also our hobby! We love nothing more than hearing that one of our customers has gone on to gain their very own pilot's licence, or had the thrill of a lifetime with their experience gift. Our goal is to get Britain flying one person at a time, so we make a real effort to find the best vouchers to recommend to you.
Our team of aviation experts is always on the lookout for the latest flying lesson bargains and the most thrilling aerial adventures. Check back regularly to see what's new!
- Available at 9 UK Venues
- A full introduction to helicopter flying and pilot career options
- 15 minutes hands-on flight training with a CAA certified Instructor
- 60 minutes flying in the skies over Glasgow and the gorgeous Scotland countryside
- Training at a CAA certified flying school - counts towards PPL and NPPL flying licences
- Take off into the North Lincolnshire skies with a 60 minute flying lesson in a plane
- Learn to fly in the cockpit with a qualified pilot, and bring a friend along on board
- You hands-on flying time counts towards a Private Pilots Licence
- Ultimate aerobatics experience
- Fly incredible stunts with an ex-military instructor
- Take the controls yourself - if you're brave enough!
Questions? Ground School has the answers!Learn more about aircraft, pilot licences and all things aviation with expert advice from real pilots!
When you're trying to find the best flying lessons, whether as a perfect gift or for your own pilot training journey, there's a lot more to consider than just the price or location. There are so many options now available to anyone wanting to learn to fly that it can feel pretty overwhelming - and that's where our nifty Ground School section can help.
We've done our best to gather as much information as possible about learning to fly in the UK - giving it to you in nice, bite-sized chunks, written by our very own team of experts. We're pretty proud of what we've accomplished so far - and we hope to keep adding to it for many years to come!
February 6, 2017
As well as allowing a pilot to experience magnificent nocturnal views, being qualified to fly at night provides greater capabilities (and safety margins) than a day-only license. Here we outline the training and techniques required for night flying, and the extra benefits for a PPL in doing so. The Training On passing your final Private […]
January 11, 2017
If you’ve ever looked at one of those big bulky full-motion flight simulators wobbling around seemingly without rhyme or reason, you’d be forgiven for thinking that they might be better for simulating sea sickness than anything approaching a realistic flight experience. From the outside, what looks like a set of huge hydraulic legs pushing a […]
January 9, 2017
In the not too distant past, a multi-engine piston (MEP) rating was a logical step after completing a Private Pilot’s License (PPL) – but as aircraft aged without replacement designs, and fuel costs soared, the number of multi students drastically reduced. Happily, new aircraft designs are now again putting twin engines within reach of the […]
December 9, 2016
The odds of an engine failure in a light aircraft are pretty low – in fact, statistics show your car journey to the airfield carries a higher risk! Even so, after thorough training, students will need to demonstrate their ability to safely carry out an emergency landing during their final license test. We outline the […]
What is included with a flying voucher?Learn what to expect on the day of your first flying lesson.
'Introductory' flying lessons, also known as 'Trial' lessons' or 'Experience' flights - whatever name you call them, the vouchers featured on this site offer an amazing range of very different experiences, but they also share a lot in common. From the big three - Planes, Helicopters and Microlights - to some more weird and wonderful options, there will always be features of the lesson you can be sure of.
We know that some of the aviation jargon used to describe the various deals can be a bit mystifying, but we want to make sure every would-be pilot who uses FlyingLessons.co.uk finds their perfect experience no matter what. That's why we only feature flying lessons that meet our exacting standards - that is to say, they are all genuine flying lessons, taught by genuine flying instructors - and they all include hands-on experience of flying a real aircraft*... (Unless of course you choose a simulator lesson - but you get the idea!)
ALL vouchers include:
- Suitable for complete beginners - no experience necessary and plenty of understanding if you’re feeling wimpy
- Expert tuition from super cool flying instructors certified by the Civil Aviation Authority
- Hands on experience of piloting an aircraft - counts towards a licence if you decide to continue flying
- Peace of mind - all aircraft are checked, re-checked and then checked again and maintained to the highest standard for your safety
SOME vouchers include:
- A certificate to take home – so you can rub it in the face of anyone who doubts your awesome aviation credentials
- Extra passenger seating available – bring a friend (or enemy, if you prefer) along for the ride of a lifetime
- A shiny pilot log book – note down your flight times and have an instructor sign off
- Classic RAF gear – some vintage flights include snazzy retro goggles and bomber jackets to help you get into character
We think learning to fly is one of the most fulfilling things a person can do with their spare time, and we're not alone. Proper sciencey-types have found that spending money on new experiences rather than possessions is one of the single most effective ways of improving our happiness and general wellbeing. So believe us when we say that if you book a flying lesson today, you or someone you love can be reaping the benefits for a long time to come!
FlyingLessons.co.uk BlogThe latest aviation news, flying experience ideas and exclusive deals.
Like the rest of the world, the General Aviation sector is constantly changing and evolving, with new technologies and techniques emerging all the time. Our team of writers are all die-hard #AVGeeks, always keeping an eye out for the newest exciting developments - so if you want to know what's new in aviation, or even to catch a glimpse of the future of flying, you've come to the right place!
Follow the FlyingLessons.co.uk blog to keep track of the latest aviation tech, as well as other flying news, events recommendations and exclusive voucher deals.
June 28, 2016
Whilst the majority of UK airspace requires no permission to use, certain areas are controlled, and need permission from Air Traffic Control to enter. This is to provide co-ordination and safety in high traffic areas, such as around large airports, or dangerous or restricted areas, such as firing ranges. If a pilot enters controlled airspace […]
June 14, 2016
We’re incredibly fortunate to have a wide variety of awesome air shows in the UK, with world-renowned teams and aircraft putting on epic aerial displays for the crowds. However, in the wake of the tragic Shoreham air show accident last August, there has been a degree of uncertainty regarding the future of UK displays. In […]
May 30, 2016
For many of us, what starts as a hobby can very soon become a bit of an obsession – and flying is definitely one of the most addictive! If you begin flying for pleasure, it may not be too long before you find yourself considering a new career in the skies. Luckily, besides simple airline […]