Discover the best flying experience days, gift vouchers & pilot licence training in the UK.
Check out the best selling flying experience vouchers from the last month!
Helicopter Flying Introduction Experience
• 30 minutes flying in a small, manoeuvrable helicopter
• take on the infamous hover challenge
• try your hand at some simple manoeuvres with an expert instructor
Extended Helicopter Flying Lessons
• Learn to fly in a dual-controlled helicopter
• Expert teaching from a CAA approved flying instructor
• Take on the notorious Hover Challenge!
Extended Microlight Trial Flying Lessons
• 60 minutes flying in a microlight
• Train with a qualified pilot instructor
• See incredible aerial views over the British countryside
Bring-A-Friend 4-Seat Helicopter Flying Lesson
• 30 Minute flying lesson in a Robinson R44 Helicopter
• Bring up to 2 friends to join you as observers with this 4-seat offer
• Expert training in one of the most thrilling aircraft
Grab a bargain gift with these awesome cut-price flying offers!
Trial Helicopter Flying Lesson
• Half an hour’s flight training onboard the Robinson R22
• Learn your way around the cockpit of a chopper with an experienced instructor
• Take off from Goodwood near Chichester, and soar over the Sussex landscape
Ultra-Flexible Plane Flying Experience Voucher
• Super flexible with 31 locations to choose from
• Get a taste for flight with 30 minutes in the sky
• Take control of the cockpit with a CAA certified pilot
Amazing Triple Flight Experience
• Learn to fly with a triple flying lesson – one 30 minute flight as observer, one as navigator and a further flight in the pilot’s seat
• See stunning aerial scenery at your choice of one of three UK locations
• A signed certificate to count towards any future PPL qualification
Double Plane Flying Experience
• 30 minutes flying as an observer (bring a camera!)
• 30 minutes at the controls with hands-on flying experience
• Get a certificate to prove your awesome flying credentials!
Learn more about aircraft and aviation with informative articles from Ground School!
Build and Fly Your Own DIY Aircraft…
Many student pilots plan to own an aircraft after gaining their license, and have spent some time considering the various types on offer. However, it may not be obvious that many of those types are available to be built at home, by pilots. In fact, some pilots may have built the very aeroplane they learnt […]
Which Pilot’s Licence is Right for Me?
In the UK there are several options for gaining a Licence to fly aircraft. As a potential new student this may seem like a daunting choice in itself. Given the cost of gaining a pilot’s licence of any description, it’s very important to make sure you make the right choice for the kind of flying […]
Living in Freefall : Why Parachute?
Talking about parachuting with a group of pilots usually elicits one of the following responses: ‘Jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft? You must be joking!’ or ‘Did someone say parachute? Yes! Let’s go! I am a skydiver!’ The art of parachuting has come a long way since the 1400s when the notion of using […]
How To Pass Your Flying Test
So, you’ve invested in a trial flying lesson, had an outrageously awesome time, caught the aviation bug, subsequently decided which license to train for, then been carefully coached towards superb levels of flying by your instructor ….and now you’re ready for your final flying test. Every aspirant pilot must undergo this skills test prior to being […]
How does FlyingLessons.co.uk work?Browse and compare flying lessons from all the UK's top providers.
- Choose an aircraft, price range and location to get started. Or browse all of our 600+ featured flying lessons - this includes vouchers from the top gift experience providers as well as our own growing range of lessons - all taught by highly experience aviators at trusted flying schools.
- Compare lessons by price, duration, location and a range of other factors. Find the perfect flying voucher, whatever your requirements. If you need help picking, our Ground School section is full of handy information about all things aviation!
- Pick the lesson or gift experience you'd like to buy. You'll be directed to the provider's website to complete the purchase - or if you choose one of our own range of flying lessons you'll be directed to checkout where you can pay securely using PayPal (no account required).
- You'll receive your voucher either by post or email. Gift options are available with many providers. Once you receive your purchased voucher, follow the instructions provided to book a date for your flying lesson.
- Climb aboard and take to the skies! We might be biased, but we reckon learning to fly is one of the most exciting and satisfying things a person can do with their spare time... so what are you waiting for?
We've scoured the length and breadth of the UK to find the very best flying experiences money can buy - and they're all here for you to choose from at FlyingLessons.co.uk.
As well as the range of lessons we sell directly, we also let you compare all of the flying vouchers available from the top 'experience day' providers and flight schools. That way, you can be sure of finding the best value, as well as the best experience possible - whether you're looking for a gift, or planning to take your own first giant leap into the skies.
With hundreds of flying experience vouchers at airfields across the UK and an amazing range of aircraft to choose from, it's now easier than ever to get into the skies in a way that suits you. So if you're planning your journey towards gaining a Private Pilots License, or simply looking for an unforgettable gift, you've come to the right place.
New Offers and Top PicksCheck out the latest vouchers and our editors' recommendations
Flying is our business... but it's also our hobby! We love nothing more than hearing that one of our customers has gone on to gain their very own pilot's licence, or had the thrill of a lifetime with their experience gift. Our goal is to get Britain flying one person at a time, so we make a real effort to find the best vouchers to recommend to you.
Our team of aviation experts is always on the lookout for the latest flying lesson bargains and the most thrilling aerial adventures. Check back regularly to see what's new!
- 25 minutes flying with a highly skilled display pilot
- Fly over Gloucestershire in the iconic Slingsby Firefly aeroplane
- Experience the exhilaration of a selected range of aerial gymnastics!
- Fly for 60 minutes in a 2-seater plane
- Train with an experienced flying instructor
- Take off from Blackbushe near Camberley and fly over Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire
- Get into the sky at Sandy in Bedfordshire
- Learn the ropes of microlighting with a CAA approved instructor
- Try your hand at piloting an aircraft with 30 minutes in the air!
- Get yourself into the skies with a 60 minute flying lesson in a plane
- Learn the basics of aviation with guidance from an expert pilot instructor
- Soar above the beautiful scenery of Devon and the South West, and bring your mates along for the ride
Questions? Ground School has the answers!Learn more about aircraft, pilot licences and all things aviation with expert advice from real pilots!
When you're trying to find the best flying lessons, whether as a perfect gift or for your own pilot training journey, there's a lot more to consider than just the price or location. There are so many options now available to anyone wanting to learn to fly that it can feel pretty overwhelming - and that's where our nifty Ground School section can help.
We've done our best to gather as much information as possible about learning to fly in the UK - giving it to you in nice, bite-sized chunks, written by our very own team of experts. We're pretty proud of what we've accomplished so far - and we hope to keep adding to it for many years to come!
October 9, 2017
Learning to fly requires a significant investment of your time and money; most students have a finite budget for both. A good instructor will be able to provide high quality training, whilst also making the most of your resources. Experienced instructors often have a few tricks up their sleeves to accomplish this… There are also […]
September 1, 2017
We’re back again with the second part of our epic voyage into the exciting world of pre-flight prep! If you’re not up-to-date, click here for part 1 before reading on. Without further ado, let’s get back to it with a look at serviceability. Serviceability The pilot’s aerial steed must also be in serviceable condition – […]
August 24, 2017
When preparing to go flying, every pilot, from the captain of a Boeing 747, to the pilot of a microlight, must consider a number of factors in order to determine that they can safely complete the flight – including weather conditions, aircraft serviceability, and the pilot’s qualifications and experience. There’s a lot to get through […]
May 15, 2017
In addition to the UK’s civil and military aerodromes, there are hundreds of smaller, grass airfields set up by private individuals (termed ‘farm strips’). If you own suitable land, it’s possible to set up your own – of course, planning restrictions and practical considerations apply. We outline some of them here. Farm Strips & The […]
What is included with a flying voucher?Learn what to expect on the day of your first flying lesson.
'Introductory' flying lessons, also known as 'Trial' lessons' or 'Experience' flights - whatever name you call them, the vouchers featured on this site offer an amazing range of very different experiences, but they also share a lot in common. From the big three - Planes, Helicopters and Microlights - to some more weird and wonderful options, there will always be features of the lesson you can be sure of.
We know that some of the aviation jargon used to describe the various deals can be a bit mystifying, but we want to make sure every would-be pilot who uses FlyingLessons.co.uk finds their perfect experience no matter what. That's why we only feature flying lessons that meet our exacting standards - that is to say, they are all genuine flying lessons, taught by genuine flying instructors - and they all include hands-on experience of flying a real aircraft*... (Unless of course you choose a simulator lesson - but you get the idea!)
ALL vouchers include:
- Suitable for complete beginners - no experience necessary and plenty of understanding if you’re feeling wimpy
- Expert tuition from super cool flying instructors certified by the Civil Aviation Authority
- Hands on experience of piloting an aircraft - counts towards a licence if you decide to continue flying
- Peace of mind - all aircraft are checked, re-checked and then checked again and maintained to the highest standard for your safety
SOME vouchers include:
- A certificate to take home – so you can rub it in the face of anyone who doubts your awesome aviation credentials
- Extra passenger seating available – bring a friend (or enemy, if you prefer) along for the ride of a lifetime
- A shiny pilot log book – note down your flight times and have an instructor sign off
- Classic RAF gear – some vintage flights include snazzy retro goggles and bomber jackets to help you get into character
We think learning to fly is one of the most fulfilling things a person can do with their spare time, and we're not alone. Proper sciencey-types have found that spending money on new experiences rather than possessions is one of the single most effective ways of improving our happiness and general wellbeing. So believe us when we say that if you book a flying lesson today, you or someone you love can be reaping the benefits for a long time to come!
FlyingLessons.co.uk BlogThe latest aviation news, flying experience ideas and exclusive deals.
Like the rest of the world, the General Aviation sector is constantly changing and evolving, with new technologies and techniques emerging all the time. Our team of writers are all die-hard #AVGeeks, always keeping an eye out for the newest exciting developments - so if you want to know what's new in aviation, or even to catch a glimpse of the future of flying, you've come to the right place!
Follow the FlyingLessons.co.uk blog to keep track of the latest aviation tech, as well as other flying news, events recommendations and exclusive voucher deals.
March 6, 2017
Unhappily, a number of UK airfields remain under threat of closure, with plans to turn them into housing estates frequently arising. However, it’s not all doom and gloom; some airfields have staved off the developers, and others are investing in their facilities. Here are some of the current headlines; The Good Goodwood Aerodrome, in West Sussex, […]
June 28, 2016
Whilst the majority of UK airspace requires no permission to use, certain areas are controlled, and need permission from Air Traffic Control to enter. This is to provide co-ordination and safety in high traffic areas, such as around large airports, or dangerous or restricted areas, such as firing ranges. If a pilot enters controlled airspace […]
June 14, 2016
We’re incredibly fortunate to have a wide variety of awesome air shows in the UK, with world-renowned teams and aircraft putting on epic aerial displays for the crowds. However, in the wake of the tragic Shoreham air show accident last August, there has been a degree of uncertainty regarding the future of UK displays. In […]