Discover the best flying experience days, gift vouchers & pilot licence training in the UK.
Check out the best selling flying experience vouchers from the last month!
Standard Tactical Helicopter Experience
• THREE flights in a helicopter, including the Notorious Hover Challenge!
• Learn the basics of Helicopter flight with a certified Pilot
• 12 UK Flying schools to choose from – great flexibility for a gift!
Extended Helicopter Flying Lessons
• Learn to fly in a dual-controlled helicopter
• Expert teaching from a CAA approved flying instructor
• Take on the notorious Hover Challenge!
Helicopter Flying Introduction Experience
• 30 minutes flying in a small, manoeuvrable helicopter
• take on the infamous hover challenge
• try your hand at some simple manoeuvres with an expert instructor
Extended Aeroplane Flying Experience
• Experience Flight in a 2 Seat Light Aeroplane
• 60 mins training with a friendly and experienced instructor
• Eleven UK flying schools to choose from
Grab a bargain gift with these awesome cut-price flying offers!
Double Plane Flying Experience
• 30 minutes flying as an observer (bring a camera!)
• 30 minutes at the controls with hands-on flying experience
• Get a certificate to prove your awesome flying credentials!
Vintage RAF Flying Experience in a Tiger Moth
• Fly with an experienced flying instructor and get hands-on time at the controls
• Take off from one of four UK venues for an authentic vintage flying lesson
• Train in the De Havilland Tiger Moth or Stampe Sv4c Biplanes
Taste of Glider Flying
• A taste of the exciting sensation of silent glider flight
• Towed or winch-launched gliders
• Soar on the wind with no noisy engines
Helicopter Trial Flying Lesson
• Taste flight and hovering in a Robinson R22
• 30 minutes expert training with a Phoenix Helicopters instructor
• Discover the Surrey scenery from above
Learn more about aircraft and aviation with informative articles from Ground School!
Which Pilot’s Licence is Right for Me?
In the UK there are several options for gaining a Licence to fly aircraft. As a potential new student this may seem like a daunting choice in itself. Given the cost of gaining a pilot’s licence of any description, it’s very important to make sure you make the right choice for the kind of flying […]
How To Pass Your Flying Test
So, you’ve invested in a trial flying lesson, had an outrageously awesome time, caught the aviation bug, subsequently decided which license to train for, then been carefully coached towards superb levels of flying by your instructor ….and now you’re ready for your final flying test. Every aspirant pilot must undergo this skills test prior to being […]
Instrument Flying – What is it, and why do we need it?
Imagine being the passenger or driver of a car that is travelling at speed along a motorway below a sparkling bright blue sky. Then imagine that lovely blue sky instantaneously becoming a wall of grey, dull fog surrounding you on all sides. That is similar to flying into cloud in an aeroplane, and is why […]
What Does it Take to Get a Pilot’s Licence?
So, you’ve completed a trial flying lesson (if not, check out these affordable introductory flying lessons!) and have caught the aviation bug! But what happens next? How will the your ongoing training work? And more importantly – how can you maximise the expenditure of your hard earned cash? In this article I’ll talk you through […]
How does FlyingLessons.co.uk work?Browse and compare flying lessons from all the UK's top providers.
- Choose an aircraft, price range and location to get started. Or browse all of our 600+ featured flying lessons - this includes vouchers from the top gift experience providers as well as our own growing range of lessons - all taught by highly experience aviators at trusted flying schools.
- Compare lessons by price, duration, location and a range of other factors. Find the perfect flying voucher, whatever your requirements. If you need help picking, our Ground School section is full of handy information about all things aviation!
- Pick the lesson or gift experience you'd like to buy. You'll be directed to the provider's website to complete the purchase - or if you choose one of our own range of flying lessons you'll be directed to checkout where you can pay securely using PayPal (no account required).
- You'll receive your voucher either by post or email. Gift options are available with many providers. Once you receive your purchased voucher, follow the instructions provided to book a date for your flying lesson.
- Climb aboard and take to the skies! We might be biased, but we reckon learning to fly is one of the most exciting and satisfying things a person can do with their spare time... so what are you waiting for?
We've scoured the length and breadth of the UK to find the very best flying experiences money can buy - and they're all here for you to choose from at FlyingLessons.co.uk.
As well as the range of lessons we sell directly, we also let you compare all of the flying vouchers available from the top 'experience day' providers and flight schools. That way, you can be sure of finding the best value, as well as the best experience possible - whether you're looking for a gift, or planning to take your own first giant leap into the skies.
With hundreds of flying experience vouchers at airfields across the UK and an amazing range of aircraft to choose from, it's now easier than ever to get into the skies in a way that suits you. So if you're planning your journey towards gaining a Private Pilots License, or simply looking for an unforgettable gift, you've come to the right place.
New Offers and Top PicksCheck out the latest vouchers and our editors' recommendations
Flying is our business... but it's also our hobby! We love nothing more than hearing that one of our customers has gone on to gain their very own pilot's licence, or had the thrill of a lifetime with their experience gift. Our goal is to get Britain flying one person at a time, so we make a real effort to find the best vouchers to recommend to you.
Our team of aviation experts is always on the lookout for the latest flying lesson bargains and the most thrilling aerial adventures. Check back regularly to see what's new!
- Conquer the skies over Nottinghamshire in a two-seater aeroplane
- Learn to fly at one of the UK's top flying schools with an experienced team of instructors
- 60 minutes flying and a certificate to prove your aviation credentials!
- 15 Minute Taster Lesson in a Robinson R22
- Expert tuition with a CAA certified helicopter pilot
- Awe-inspiring aerial views over Aberdeen and the surrounding countryside
- Take off and fly over Merseyside in a two-seater Cessna plane
- Train with a fully qualified flying instructor
- 60 minutes in the air with hands-on experience at the controls
- Take off for a double landaway flying lesson from Bournemouth Airport
- Learn to fly with an experienced flying instructor
- Soar over Dorset and Surrey in a light aircraft
Questions? Ground School has the answers!Learn more about aircraft, pilot licences and all things aviation with expert advice from real pilots!
When you're trying to find the best flying lessons, whether as a perfect gift or for your own pilot training journey, there's a lot more to consider than just the price or location. There are so many options now available to anyone wanting to learn to fly that it can feel pretty overwhelming - and that's where our nifty Ground School section can help.
We've done our best to gather as much information as possible about learning to fly in the UK - giving it to you in nice, bite-sized chunks, written by our very own team of experts. We're pretty proud of what we've accomplished so far - and we hope to keep adding to it for many years to come!
May 15, 2017
In addition to the UK’s civil and military aerodromes, there are hundreds of smaller, grass airfields set up by private individuals (termed ‘farm strips’). If you own suitable land, it’s possible to set up your own – of course, planning restrictions and practical considerations apply. We outline some of them here. Farm Strips & The […]
March 22, 2017
Weather will always get pilots talking. Although that’s admittedly not unusual among British folk, for pilots it can be a matter of life and death! Understanding how the weather works, and using the right resources to predict what is likely to happen at your airfield as you leave (and when you come back) are vital […]
February 27, 2017
Part of gaining your Private Pilot’s License is learning how to communicate using the aircraft’s radio. A number of students fear talking over the airwaves; some of mine have said it’s the scariest part of flight training! However, knowledge dispels fear. Here, we share some tips and tricks to promote good radio habits and discipline […]
February 6, 2017
As well as allowing a pilot to experience magnificent nocturnal views, being qualified to fly at night provides greater capabilities (and safety margins) than a day-only license. Here we outline the training and techniques required for night flying, and the extra benefits for a PPL in doing so. The Training On passing your final Private […]
What is included with a flying voucher?Learn what to expect on the day of your first flying lesson.
'Introductory' flying lessons, also known as 'Trial' lessons' or 'Experience' flights - whatever name you call them, the vouchers featured on this site offer an amazing range of very different experiences, but they also share a lot in common. From the big three - Planes, Helicopters and Microlights - to some more weird and wonderful options, there will always be features of the lesson you can be sure of.
We know that some of the aviation jargon used to describe the various deals can be a bit mystifying, but we want to make sure every would-be pilot who uses FlyingLessons.co.uk finds their perfect experience no matter what. That's why we only feature flying lessons that meet our exacting standards - that is to say, they are all genuine flying lessons, taught by genuine flying instructors - and they all include hands-on experience of flying a real aircraft*... (Unless of course you choose a simulator lesson - but you get the idea!)
ALL vouchers include:
- Suitable for complete beginners - no experience necessary and plenty of understanding if you’re feeling wimpy
- Expert tuition from super cool flying instructors certified by the Civil Aviation Authority
- Hands on experience of piloting an aircraft - counts towards a licence if you decide to continue flying
- Peace of mind - all aircraft are checked, re-checked and then checked again and maintained to the highest standard for your safety
SOME vouchers include:
- A certificate to take home – so you can rub it in the face of anyone who doubts your awesome aviation credentials
- Extra passenger seating available – bring a friend (or enemy, if you prefer) along for the ride of a lifetime
- A shiny pilot log book – note down your flight times and have an instructor sign off
- Classic RAF gear – some vintage flights include snazzy retro goggles and bomber jackets to help you get into character
We think learning to fly is one of the most fulfilling things a person can do with their spare time, and we're not alone. Proper sciencey-types have found that spending money on new experiences rather than possessions is one of the single most effective ways of improving our happiness and general wellbeing. So believe us when we say that if you book a flying lesson today, you or someone you love can be reaping the benefits for a long time to come!
FlyingLessons.co.uk BlogThe latest aviation news, flying experience ideas and exclusive deals.
Like the rest of the world, the General Aviation sector is constantly changing and evolving, with new technologies and techniques emerging all the time. Our team of writers are all die-hard #AVGeeks, always keeping an eye out for the newest exciting developments - so if you want to know what's new in aviation, or even to catch a glimpse of the future of flying, you've come to the right place!
Follow the FlyingLessons.co.uk blog to keep track of the latest aviation tech, as well as other flying news, events recommendations and exclusive voucher deals.
March 6, 2017
Unhappily, a number of UK airfields remain under threat of closure, with plans to turn them into housing estates frequently arising. However, it’s not all doom and gloom; some airfields have staved off the developers, and others are investing in their facilities. Here are some of the current headlines; The Good Goodwood Aerodrome, in West Sussex, […]
June 28, 2016
Whilst the majority of UK airspace requires no permission to use, certain areas are controlled, and need permission from Air Traffic Control to enter. This is to provide co-ordination and safety in high traffic areas, such as around large airports, or dangerous or restricted areas, such as firing ranges. If a pilot enters controlled airspace […]
June 14, 2016
We’re incredibly fortunate to have a wide variety of awesome air shows in the UK, with world-renowned teams and aircraft putting on epic aerial displays for the crowds. However, in the wake of the tragic Shoreham air show accident last August, there has been a degree of uncertainty regarding the future of UK displays. In […]